Project Lead: Lancotek Products Inc.
Consortium Members: Lancotek Products Inc., Western University, Western Maple Bio Resources Inc., Paper Province and RISE.
The goal of this project is to increase the commercial readiness of lignin-containing thermoplastics and composites, specifically injection molded and extruded products. This project will pursue three opportunities for commercialization:
- Enabling halogen free products targeted at fire protection using depolymerized kraft lignin (DKL).
- Expanding market scope for improved depolymerized kraft lignin enhanced products targeted at fire protection.
- Capturing market opportunities for highly loaded, thermally resistant thermoplastic products.
Lancotek Products Inc. and its consortium will achieve this by:
- Starting pilot production of DKL to support lab scale and commercial scale production.
- Test and optimize lignin, polymer and filler processing for commercial scale production.
- Test and optimize fire performance for all three applications.